Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Had a nice 'jog' yesterday as part of my training. Supposed to keep it slow, but it was tough holding back sometimes. Today was cross training day, but I slept in. We'll see if I get around to something tonight. I have my 400M sprints tomorrow, so hopefully the rain holds back. I'm not looking forward to running in the rain, but I will if I have to.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Enjoying my day off today. I may mow, but that's about it as far as exercise. Yesterday I had a great 'Long Run' day. Only 7 miles on my training plan, but it was a great run. My goal was to run 90 sec's to 2 minutes slower than my marathon pace. It was actually tough to slow down at times, but it was a very enjoyable run. My heart rate was actually up a couple of times, but there were some hills in this run.
Friday, June 26, 2009
This first image is the description of training I have planned. Click on image to see in larger print
I'll also be reviewing tools and products and I'm using to reach this goal. Feel free to give me any advise or comments on this. I'm going to separate those from this Blog on Toolsandproducts.blogspot.com. I hope you find it helpful! I also have a link at the bottom to get to this Blog.
Labels: Tools and Products
Thursday, June 25, 2009
- I just started training for my first marathon ever. I was 240 pounds about 2 years ago and decided I need to make some lifestyle changes.
- I've worked I'm my diet, but haven't gone 'crazy' with it. I still enjoy my wife's cooking!
- This is week one. I ran 6 x 400M sprints to work on my speed. I ran two other times this week at around 4 miles (jogs). My speed has increased considerably since a year and a half ago when I started adding running into this.
- I do have to thank Nike+ and my brother Tim for getting me started on that. I don't think I would have kept at this with out the two...
- I'm now using the Forerunner 305. A lot more accurate, but I've JUST started working with it this week... ...more to come on that.