Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
1. I will REST, REST, REST between now and the marathon.
2. I will drink at least 8 cups of water a day before the marathon.
3. I will eat food that will fuel my body.
4. I will fill my thoughts with seeing 3:20 as I cross the finish line.
5. I will stay warm and dry until the race starts and then pretend that there is no wind, no cold and no rain.
6. I WILL drink something at every water station and GU every 30 - 45 minutes.
7. I will keep the 3:20 pace group in site the first 1/2 and pass them the second 1/2.
8. I will believe I can do it!
9. No matter my finish time, I will rejoice and pat myself on the back for accomplishing something I could NOT have done 4 months ago.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
This first image is the description of training I have planned. Click on image to see in larger print
Thursday, June 25, 2009
- I just started training for my first marathon ever. I was 240 pounds about 2 years ago and decided I need to make some lifestyle changes.
- I've worked I'm my diet, but haven't gone 'crazy' with it. I still enjoy my wife's cooking!
- This is week one. I ran 6 x 400M sprints to work on my speed. I ran two other times this week at around 4 miles (jogs). My speed has increased considerably since a year and a half ago when I started adding running into this.
- I do have to thank Nike+ and my brother Tim for getting me started on that. I don't think I would have kept at this with out the two...
- I'm now using the Forerunner 305. A lot more accurate, but I've JUST started working with it this week... ...more to come on that.