Friday, July 17, 2009

Tough Week

First of all, I'd like to say that I've just run my farthest yet, 14 miles! ...but it was TOUGH today, not sure why. Had to talk myself into finishing rather than going back to the house at about the 10th mile. I walked some of it, but I finished. Couldn't keep the pace from my new training plan, so we'll see where this takes me. I could feel my hamstrings getting tighter, but no issues there... ...yet.

The 12X1's workout was a disaster! I was no where close to the times I needed for the new training plan. I'm sure we'll make some adjustments and work on building my speed. I ended up running two days in a row instead. Not exactly what I was hoping to do..

Mechanically I feel great! No knee, back, leg, foot or any other pain. ...well, there is a toe issue, but that's because I kicked something REALLY hard in the middle of the night last week. It's purple now on the end of the toe under the nail, not broken, but it's sore. Not affecting my running though.

I think my issue is actual leg strength. Muscles just are not used to going that fast for so long. My legs are having less muscle twitching today than last week's long run, but that could be because I walked part of it and didn't push as hard... Pure speculation. I'm willing to listen to anyone's feedback on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment