Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Less than 3 weeks to Providence Marathon

I'm going to miss the Boston Marathon this year. My plan is to come back with a vengeance in October during the Bay State Marathon to Qualify. We'll see how that works out for me. I of course will be working that day since I'm not running it. I've slotted the time off for next year already.

The Providence Marathon (or Cox Marathon) is less than 3 weeks away, and I'm VERY excited about it! I'm meeting up with some of my Colonial Road Runner and Daily Mile friends that morning. My plan is to HOLD back the first 1/2 of the marathon. ...then tear it up the second 1/2. We'll see how my 'tear' goes considering I've only been training for 5 weeks on this one. I have done two 20 mile runs with ease, so I'm not too concerned about the extra 6.2 miles on marathon day. I AM concerned that I may go out two quickly and not enjoy the run as much as I am hoping too. Once again, this is only a 'pleasure' run, and just going through the motions and give myself some much needed 'drive' so I am ready for my Fall marathon at Bay State.

Good luck to all my friends running the Boston Marathon this year! I hope you all have a great run, and great weather! I'll be thinking of you while I'm drinking my coffee in the office, wishing I was running beside you (or a ways behind some of you speedsters)! Enjoy your taper!

Good luck to all my friends finishing up their training before Providence! Just a few short week... Taper begins shortly, so don't over due it!

I am running a 5K in Quincy Saturday, but not looking for any real speed here... Just part of my miles for the day. I plan on running 10 miles prior to the race, and then burn whatever is left in the tank.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you were 40, not over 40. lol thats great bro.. If you have been able to do 20 milers with no problem, I am sure you'll do great on the full. You have improve immensely. I am sure I will see a post "I made it to Boston" this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the well wishes for Boston. You will be there next year!

    ReplyDelete