Monday, October 11, 2010

August 2010 - 58 miles

Say What?! 58 miles?! That's what I said when I got to September... We had my brother's George's wedding. Although this was a MUCH easier wedding, and a LOT less stressful, my wife got sick while we were down there. So... Travel to to Charleston, West Virginia + Sick Wife + being in another wedding. Not a lot of training, and this was a 2 week period! Yikes! I also blew my back out.... Very painful. I gave it enough rest to heal, I think. Although mentally a much better month, physically I felt destroyed. Not good when you are less than 8 weeks from your marathon!!!! If I don't qualify for Boston, I'm blaming my brothers for having weddings so close together. (JK, kind of) Doubts were creeping in, but keeping a positive attitude and doing what I can next month to accomplish my task of Qualifying for Boston.

1 comment:

  1. that was a great finish! congrats! Keep it up and good luck on your future runs! ~ mountain hardwear jackets ~

    ReplyDelete